Skip to main content

Shadi Mubarak OR Barbadi-e-Kul Mubarak!

It has been quite a while since I last wrote something about Karachi on my Blog. Maybe because I have been struggling hard to get my life back into rhythm. There are a number of issues to deal with as of today when you live in a city like Karachi and when the economy and the country itself is trembling.

Besides all the development and betterment Karachi has gone through lately, there are some issues that has to be addressed and taken quite seriously now.

Couple of days back, almost three nights in a row I couldn't sleep because of some weddings going on in the next street. When the loud and extremely bad quality cheap Indian music took a break after almost 4 hours, come the fireworks and the gun fires!

The driving force for me to write this was a post where the same issue is faced by Faisal K and I am totally with him on this one.

The winter month of december is ending in its full and nippy glory here in Karachi and the never ending series of weddings just keeps going on and on and on. Not only are the residents of this city being made to suffer due to 12 hour load shedding in these cold and desperate times but they also have to lie awake listening to band baja’s, firing and fire works of each and every capacity accompanied by loud and vlugar Indian music and dhols in the middle of the night. Read More...

I will quote the words of Faisal as my words for this particular issue...

I appeal to the city government to make and enforce the one dish rule as well as a noise pollution rule for us Karachites and enforce it with its full power to ensure both the regular supply of edibles in the local market and a peaceful nights sleep for all of us, even if it is in complete darkness.

Punishment to those breaking this rule should be to consume their offered buffet for one week straight while listening to the nerve racking sounds of pappu can’t dance salaa!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man vs. Market - By Kulsoom (extremely well written)

Original Link: Men vs. Markets : " “He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death.” By H.H. Munro The above has proven to be correct for Syed Muzzamil Hussain Shah, a young scout who embraced martyrdom on 28th December, 2009 in Ashur procession blast in Karachi. But how many of us remember him? Or do we remember any of those who got killed that day? Off the record over 75 people got killed on that day while participating in the procession. We remember none but burned shops because that’s what being over-run on media. Sometimes significance of material takes over the precious lives. I wonder why and who called lives precious since they are not anymore. We have better things to show and cry over, such as loss of Rs.30 billion, stolen arms, and arguing and blaming political parties. Government of Pakistan announced Rs. 500,000 for the deceased and Rs.100,000 for injured but these funds will take time to arrive in the hand of families. With the increasing infl...

Bomb Threat at Business Avenue

There has been a bomb threat at Business Avenue at Shahrah-e-Faisal. The building has been evacuated and emergency measures has been taken. Bomb disposal squad is searching for the threat at the moment. The picture was taken at 3 in the afternoon which shows ambulances in front of the building and people waiting outside for any confirm reports. One of the pedestrians humorously told that this is just a rumor spread by someone who needed a day off! Other statements highlighted that the treat was made in 11 in the morning some said the building was evacuated around 2 in the afternoon. People standing outside are getting a bit bored, some anxious and a some grumpy! One young individual said "I don't know what they are trying to do, either let us go home or let us go back to our offices" There are still no confirmed reports of the threat or the threat being neutralized. If you get any updates, please share. Also lets pray that noting really happens, I'm sitting in the bui...

Yellow and Blue is coming!

You might have seen this hoarding all over Karachi by now. Today I thought I should blog about it and see what people think about what it could be. At the top of my head, it stuck me as www.bestbuy.com , some of the teasers do say best buy as well. But some say great vale and some say things about experience. I think the chances for it to be bestbuy.com is pretty great, most of the signs leads us to think that. Specially the color scheme is exactly the same. If not then it will most probably be something digital or onlinr, I suppose. To save me from embarrassment I'd like to hear what you people think of it. :)