Skip to main content

Things are starting to "heat up"

Here is a post I thought I'd never make, Global Warming! Yes, an issue well heard of.

It all started last night, when the lights go out around 2.30 in the morning so I couldn't sleep and when I woke up I realized that today was Sunday so I can lay like a cow on the bed for as long as I could :) So, I finally left the bed around 3 in the afternoon and opened the door to my balcony and suddenly I felt like I opened an oven. I closed the door and went downstairs, had a good brunch and checked my email on my cell phone during brunch while also thought to give a peak at today's weather. Turned out it was 42 Degrees Centigrade outside, I clicked "update weather" and I was down to 41 Degree Centigrade. It was bit of a shock for me to see such a temperature before even the month of May, so I started worrying about what it is going to be in the summer - typically known as "JunJulai" :)

Anyway, I start Googling, came up with some good material on global warming (on Wikipedia of course). In a nutshell... Global Warming Phenomena is the entrapment of "greenhouse gases" inside the Earths atmosphere. Apparently, the homosapiens (People) are producing all these gases with their industries, cars and all the machinery etc, and all that is getting trapped between the Ozone Layer and the surface of the earth. Which is increasing the temperature of our planet, resulting in melting of both the poles, rising the sea-levels and ultimately inviting the biggest and the most deadliest natural disasters on the planet. Which in theory considers as "the end of the world". :)

Here is more to read on Global Warming...

However, it is not possible that a theory remains unchallenged any longer than a certain period of time. So, People gathered up and brought together some "arguments" to challenge the global warming theory. Some of those arguments include that there are no evidence that the actions of little creatures like us can effect the temperature of a planet. They say our equipment is "incompetent" or "inadequate" to record or forecast future climate conditions, the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) did not approve of it and some others.

Here is something to read about the arguments against Global Warming...

In fact, they also have come up with a "petition project" for rejecting the Global Warming theory as well... so if you feel like signing up for yourself... be their guest, they'll be lucky to have ya! :)

So, what we get by all this is just that the "outside" is becoming more like the "inside" of an oven and we are fighting over whether we will be the dinosaurs for the next life on the planet or not!

But, for those who believe, knows what's happening...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANP Sindh Chief Shot Dead (Unconfirmed)

Unconfirmed reports of ANP Chief killed has been spreading across the city, causing panic among public. People have been fleeing from offices and shops to rush back home hence badly jamming the roads around the city. Although there has been no confirmation or denial of the killing by any of the news channels or authentic sources, rumors are spreading that firing has been seen and heard in busy places like Saddar, Sohrab Goth etc and police is roaming around to maintain calamity across the city... Let hope for the best...

Why We Love Karachi - Aansoon ko sharaab kehtay hein! :)

Irony! A devotee of Prophet (saw) claims it on his car sub-woofer.

I saw this car at bahadurabad today, very interestingly what it says is "Mairay Maan Baap ap per qurban, Ya Rasul Allah SAW". (sorry for the poor quality picture, it was dark at night) :) This seems to mean that the person is willing to sacrifice his / her parents in the name of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw), unless it means that "Only my parents are a big fan / devotee of Your's (saw) and not me", it is quite an irony to see the big sub-woofer stuffed at the back of the car with some very good quality speaker system. I'm pretty sure that none of the Tilawat-e-Quran needs a big sub-woofer system to be played on. As we know that a sub woofer is used to produce bass, which is a low frequency below 150 hz down to 20hz or low, while the vocals are best when the ranges b/w 500Hz and 2 Khz are high (arrange your media player equalizer to see the results) Although, I did not hear it playing music so I can not blame the person for being a lier or a show off ma